“I congratulate State Senator Fischer on winning the Nebraska Republican Senate Primary, and look forward to her election in November. The difference in this race couldn’t be more clear. Deb is a small business rancher, mother and conservative leader who believes we need to spend less, balance our budget and repeal ObamaCare, while her opponent supports bigger government and higher taxes. It’s time to restore fiscal sanity and enact pro-jobs policies in Washington and we can do that with Deb Fischer as the next U.S. Senator from Nebraska.” – U.S. Senator John Cornyn, NRSC Chairman
Deb Fischer’s conservative record:
· Passed the largest tax cut in Nebraska
· Opposes the failed stimulus
· Opposes ObamaCare
· Supports a balanced budget amendment
· A+ rating from the National Rifle Association
· Has a perfect pro-life voting record
Kerrey’s far-left record:
· Bob Kerrey believes ObamaCare didn’t go far enough
· Kerrey is vehemently opposed to a balanced budget amendment, in 1997 he was the key vote deciding against it
· Kerrey is a supporter of Barack Obama’s cap-and-trade legislation, going to far as to compare those who oppose it to those who opposed civil rights legislation
· Kerrey supports partial-birth abortion
· Kerrey even opposes parental notification laws
While the liberal establishment will continue to spin this race and continue to line Kerrey’s campaign war chest, the reality is that his unabashed support for ObamaCare, abortions, cap-and-trade and the rest of Barack Obama’s job-killing agenda puts him at serious odds with a strong majority of voters in Nebraska.
As Bob Kerrey once told his hometown newspaper the New York Times, Nebraska is a very Republican and conservative state. We couldn’t agree any more with Mr. Kerrey’s political assessment, which is why we firmly believe that his liberal positions are wrong for Nebraska and the next Senator from the Cornhusker State will be Deb Fischer.