Washington, D.C. – “We need to pass the bill before we find out what’s in it” were the immortal words of Nancy Pelosi back in 2010 before the Obamacare vote. Well, 11 years later not much has changed.
The $1.9 trillion COVID relief bill has less to do with COVID and more to do with Democrats’ pet projects – yet no one seems to mention it. In fact, less than 10% of the bill goes toward actual COVID relief and less than 1% toward vaccines.
So where is all this “COVID relief” money going?
- $112 million for a Silicon Valley subway for Nancy Pelosi’s friends
- Stimulus checks for illegal immigrants
- $1.5 million for a bridge to Canada
- Money for schools refusing to reopen
- $50 million for “Environmental justice grants”
- $1 billion for “racial justice” provisions for farmers
- No ‘means testing’ to keep stimulus checks from going to the wealthy
- $350 billion to bail out blue states
Statement from NRSC Spokesman T.W. Arrighi: “What’s old is new again in Washington. If you thought the days of pork-barrel spending were gone, you were wrong. Less than 10% of this bill goes toward actual COVID relief, and less than 1% goes toward vaccines. The rest goes to bail out blue states like Andrew Cuomo’s New York, and fund projects like a bridge to Canada for Chuck Schumer and a subway in Silicon Valley for Nancy Pelosi. It’s clear that Democrats are using the guise of ‘COVID relief’ to create a $2 trillion wish list of liberal pet projects that do nothing to address our public health crisis.”