NRSC Chairman Rick Scott: “We’re going to take each of these votes by the Democrats tonight and make sure the citizens of those states know exactly how their Senators are voting. These are important issues to Americans … Should we have a secure border? Republicans believe yes. Democrats believe no. It’s the craziest votes we’re taking tonight. The Democrats are voting against common-sense solutions for Americans.”
In case you missed it, here’s how Senate Democrats used middle-of-the-night votes to boost their radical agenda:
- Blocked accountability for Cuomo’s nursing home fiasco: Every single Senate Democrat sided with Andrew Cuomo and his failed administration, voting against an amendment that would have reduced funding to states that have an active investigation into nursing homes for underreported deaths.
- Stood with teachers unions over children and refused to open schools: Senate Democrats unanimously rejected an amendment that would require schools to reopen after teachers are vaccinated, choosing to side with the teachers unions who fund their campaigns instead of students and science.
- Sent taxpayer-funded stimulus checks to illegal immigrants: Vulnerable Senate Democrats Raphael Warnock and Catherine Cortez Masto voted to allow taxpayer-funded checks to go to illegal immigrants – taking taxpayer money, paid by hard-working Americans during a pandemic, and sending it to illegal immigrants.
- Voted against border security and enforcing immigration laws: Led by D.C.-Darling Mark Kelly, Senate Democrats voted against common-sense amendments to prevent the flow of migrants to the southern border, enforce federal immigration laws, prevent Sanctuary Cities and secure the border.
- Embraced the radical abortion agenda of the far-left: Senate Democrats like Michael Bennet, Maggie Hassan, Mark Kelly, Reverend Raphael Warnock and Catherine Cortez Masto, voted against providing health care to babies born-alive after a botched abortion attempt, bringing a far-left abortion agenda into the mainstream of the Democrat Party.
- Cut taxes for millionaires and billionaires in high-tax states, but supported tax hikes for middle-class families and small businesses: Senate Democrats voted to support tax breaks for millionaires and billionaires in New York and California. Moments later, the same Democrats unanimously voted to support tax hikes on middle-class families and job creators.
- Supported packing the Supreme Court: After more than 100 days of silence, Raphael Warnock finally admitted that he stands with every single Democrat who wants to pack the court with liberal, activist judges.
- Turned their backs on houses of worship: Senate Democrats overwhelmingly rejected an amendment that would restrict federal relief funding going to states and localities that impose stricter restrictions on houses of worship and faith-based organizations than on secular entities, opening the door for partisan attacks on houses of worship.