Washington, D.C. – Val Demings is taking votes that are making Americans across the country less safe.
Yesterday, the House Judiciary Committee held a markup and voted on several amendments that covered topics like immigration, law enforcement, abortion, and the 2nd Amendment. As expected, Demings took the radical Left’s side at every opportunity.
- Demings voted to spend $107.5 billion on immigration, including putting millions of illegal immigrants on a path to citizenship.
- Demings voted against an amendment that would prevent the issuance of immigrant visas until the Biden Administration accounts for the effects of their botched Afghanistan withdrawal.
- Demings voted against amendments that would prohibit the legalization of illegal aliens who:
- Demings voted against an amendment that would protect the Hyde Amendment and prohibit federal funds from being used for abortions.
- Demings voted against an amendment that would prevent federal grant money from going to local governments that defunded their police force.
- Demings voted against an amendment that would require Congress to pass a balanced budget.
- And many more!
Statement from NRSC Spokeswoman Priscilla Ivasco: “Val Demings isn’t even trying to hide her support for the radical, socialist agenda of AOC and the Squad. Her votes this week not only make Americans less safe but are far outside the mainstream of where Florida voters are. Open borders, amnesty, support for defunding the police and taxpayer-funded abortions are all part of the Democrats’ radical Left agenda and Demings is backing it 100 percent. Demings is wrong for Florida and dangerous for Americans.”