Washington, D.C. – Led by Iowa Senator Chuck Grassley, Republicans on the Senate Judiciary Committee will this week dig deeper into Judge Ketanji Brown Jackson’s judicial philosophy. While Senate Democrats will lob softball questions to Judge Jackson, Chuck Grassley and his colleagues will hold Judge Jackson accountable for her liberal record:
Soft On Crime
- Judge Jackson defended terrorists at Guantánamo Bay and even sites one such defense as “one of the 10 most significant cases” of her legal career.
- As a federal judge and a member of the U.S. Sentencing Commission, Judge Jackson expressed leniency regarding child pornography and sex offenders, handing down lower sentences to those convicted and advocating “to reduce penalties for those caught with child pornography.”
- While in law school, Judge Jackson questioned the merits of having convicts register as sex offenders.
Packing The Court with Liberal, Activist Judges
- Unlike Justice Stephen Breyer – whom Judge Jackson would replace – and the late Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Judge Jackson has reportedly refused to say she if she opposes expanding the number of justices serving the Supreme Court.
Embrace of Critical Race Theory
- In January 2020 remarks, Judge Jackson praised Derrick Bell, who is dubbed “the godfather of critical race theory.”
- During that same speech, Judge Jackson highlighted “1619 Project” author Nikole Hannah-Jones as an “acclaimed investigative journalist” despite historians saying the “1619 Project” is based on false claims.
Judge Jackson’s record and Supreme Court nomination have been praised by the far-left, dark money group Demand Justice. Luckily for the American people, Senator Grassley and Senate Judiciary Committee Republicans are responsible for digging deeper into her liberal philosophy.
Statement from NRSC Spokeswoman Katharine Cooksey: “With a crime wave sweeping the nation, the American people deserve a Supreme Court justice who will vigorously defend law and order, not a liberal, soft-on-crime justice who aligns herself with terrorists or child sex offenders. Like the Senate Democrats who will vote to confirm her, Judge Jackson will be a rubber stamp for Joe Biden’s radical agenda.”