Washington, D.C. – We weren’t sure which Tim Ryan we would get tonight. He follows wherever the political winds are blowing, and as a 20-year career politician, Tim Ryan’s been all over the map on almost every issue. So, it’s kind of like he’s debating himself.
Here is Tim Ryan vs. Tim Ryan on energy:
On March 9, 2022, Ryan referred to rising gas prices as “Putin’s price hike” and called for “fully restoring America’s energy independence.” However, his record shows the opposite. He has voted various times to block consideration of legislation that would help lower prices at the pump for American families by increasing domestic energy production. Ryan has even embraced the Green New Deal and would “absolutely” consider banning fracking on federal lands, despite it resulting in the loss of more than 500,000 Ohio jobs.
Here are some of the Anti-American energy votes he has taken:
- On December 20, 2017, Ryan voted against the Republican-backed 2017 tax relief plan that included provisions to open ANWR for drilling.
- On September 8, 2017, Ryan voted for an amendment to ban drilling and fracking in the Pacific Outer Continental Shelf.
- On July 19, 2017, Ryan voted against a bill to ease permitting for oil and gas pipelines that cross state and international lines.
- On September 6, 2018, Ryan did not vote on a bill to expedite the application process for natural gas exports and imports.
- On March 8, 2018, Ryan voted against a bill to roll back Obama-era regulations on coal-fired power plants.
- On July 19, 2018, Ryan voted against a resolution to express the sense of Congress that a carbon tax would damage the economy. A 2018 Congressional Budget Office study concluded that a carbon tax would increase the prices of consumer goods.
- On February 26, 2021, Ryan voted to block millions of acres of Federal lands from energy development and mining.
- Ryan supports Biden’s agenda of killing the Keystone Pipeline.
As long as the Democrat Party is the anti-American energy party, Two-Faced Tim will be too despite his attempted flip-flops. He votes with Biden 100% of the time and will only follow the orders of his wannabe boss Chuck Schumer, not Ohioans.