Elizabeth Warren is going out of her way to take the Democratic Party to the extreme far left and isn’t being shy about it. Earlier this month, Warren, along with her publisher, announced her new book just hours before she broke Senate rules and then went on an all-out media blitz. She clearly wants to be the star of the Progressive Party and is shameless in her attempts to take center stage.
You would think Red State Democrats would try to distance themselves from Warren and her extreme agenda, but it won’t be that easy. The NRSC is out today with paid digital ads in these states to point out one awkward fact – the voting records of these Red State Democrats do not lie and it’s clear these 2018ers align more with Elizabeth Warren than the voters of their states.
Example of digital campaign:
Red State Democrats’ Record of Voting with Warren:
• Florida Senator Bill Nelson has voted with Warren 92% of the time.
• Michigan Senator Debbie Stabenow has voted with Warren 94% of the time.
• Ohio Senator Sherrod Brown has voted with Warren 97% of the time.
• Wisconsin Senator Tammy Baldwin has voted with Warren 96% of the time.
• Pennsylvania Senator Bob Casey has voted with Warren 93% of the time.
• Montana Senator Jon Tester has voted with Warren 90% of the time.
• Indiana Senator Joe Donnelly has voted with Warren 84% of the time.
• Missouri Senator Claire McCaskill has voted with Warren 88% of the time.
• West Virginia Senator Joe Manchin has voted with Warren 78% of the time.
• North Dakota Senator Heidi Heitkamp has voted with Warren 84% of the time.__
(CQ Voting Studies from 2013-2017, Comparing Red State Democrats to Sen. Elizabeth Warren’s voting record, Accessed 2/10/17)
“These Red State Democrats’ voting records align more with Elizabeth Warren than the beliefs of the hard-working people of their states,” said NRSC Communications Director Katie Martin. “Having Elizabeth Warren as the face of the increasingly more extreme Democratic Party gives Republicans just another example to give to voters as to why these Senators deserve a pink slip in 2018.”