TODAY: Mark Kelly Gives Corporate-Paid Speech in Virginia
Let’s recap Kelly’s hypocrisy when it comes to filling his personal bank account with corporate money while claiming it “poisons democracy” and his efforts to hide it:
- Kelly’s “more complicated” personal ties to corporate money were revealed as progressive media outlets outlined how “Kelly’s Yearslong Corporate Speaking Tour Clashes With ‘No Corporate Pac Money’ Pledge.”
- Earlier this year, Kelly tried desperately to keep secret the $65,000 fee for his speech at taxpayer-funded Youngstown State University.
- In March, Kelly had to return $55,000 in foreign money for a speech in the UAE.
- In April, it was revealed Kelly was the paid pitchman for a pyramid scheme and that he’d taken hundreds of thousands of dollars in campaign donations from corporate executives and lobbyists.
- Then, just last month, Kelly was caught giving yet another out-of-state paid speech.
“Kelly’s ongoing out-of-state corporate speaking tour underscores what a hypocrite he is,” NRSC spokesperson Joanna Rodriguez said. “From depending on lucrative corporate speaking fees to fill his personal coffers to taking hundreds of thousands of dollars from corporate executives and lobbyists, he continues to prove his campaign is nothing more than empty promises.”
Better grab your popcorn 🍿 because the Colorado Democratic Primary circus is about to begin – or as Politco is calling it “a total…
Washington, D.C.— Following today’s U.S. Senate campaign announcement by lobbyist and failed gubernatorial candidate Betsy…