Washington, D.C. – Washington Democrats can’t help themselves. They’re addicted to spending taxpayer money. And it has led to record high inflation, as we were reminded by this week’s horrendous numbers.
Even when much of the COVID-19 relief money had not yet been spent, Democrats kept passing more reckless spending bills. This dumped gasoline on an already overheated economy.
Warnock voted for all of it:
- Warnock voted for the $433 billion Inflation Reduction Act and touted its provisions on climate investments despite analyses showing it would cost 29,000 full-time jobs, raise taxes “significantly,” fund the IRS to go after middle-class Americans, reduce GDP, and could worsen inflation in the long-term while only having a “negligible” effect on inflation in the short-term.
- Warnock voted for President Biden’s $1.9 trillion American Rescue Plan Act, despite warnings that it would worsen inflation. Since then, inflation hit its highest level in 40 years.
- In March 2021, Warnock voted against an amendment to the American Rescue Plan that would limit funds to “necessary expenditures” during the public health emergency.
- In August 2021, Warnock voted against an amendment to create a point of order against any net increases to federal spending when inflation increased above three percent.
- Warnock repeatedly voted to allow the Biden administration to take on more debt, despite inflation concerns.
So next time you look at your growing grocery bill, remember that it was brought to you by Joe Biden and Raphael Warnock.
Statement from NRSC Chairman Rick Scott: “Inflation is out of control and Joe Biden, Raphael Warnock and congressional Democrats have spent our country into a dire economic state that our children and their children will have to bail us out of. Families cannot afford groceries and gas, yet Biden and Warnock continue to find ways to make our nation’s economic situation even worse. It’s irresponsible and will change when we flip the Senate.”